1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with AWD Denali

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tuna, Nov 2, 2009.

1. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I know this has been disscussed here before and I did do a search and read some threads on the subject but I am thinking about puting a 7.5 Fisher on my `05 Sierra Denali that just turned 100K miles.I know the truck will handle the weight and I have towed heavy trailers with it with no problem.My concern is the awd t-case,I know a member here named Lodogg had one and ran it with great success, my question is has anyone here seen a t-case in a Denali fail from plowing?

2. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

denali

yeah it will hold the weight fine you will just need timbrens. I have seen a plow on a 2005 escalade not much different!

3. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I`m gonna do it,Fisher 7.5 HD.

4. bartolini

bartolini Member

Denali w/ Western 7.5 plow great

I just returned a 2005 Denali lease that I put a 7.5' Western plow on. It worked fine. I am the owner of a twelve truck snow plow fleet. The Denali was my truck. I only supervise and monitor. It worked fine. If you plan on doing treacherous tight driveways on serious inclines, forget it. Reason being the AWD takes a second to engage and you might need that split second to get out of a jam. I have 22 years of plowing experience, so this one issue is rare and probably not even realized by most. PS. You can buy my Western Plow I took off my Denali for $2,000. It is hardly used.

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Thanks Bart that was what I wanted to hear.I do city streets ,have a real easy route with only a couple of steep hills but I usually push them down anyway.Thank you for the offer of your Western but I`m gonna go Fisher,everyone in Mass uses Fishers so there is good dealer support and all the guys I plow with use Fishers so we help each other out with parts .

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I`m happy to report that the Denali plows great,I did not notice any difference plowing with an AWD as oppossed to 4wd .Truck handled all the hills just fine,having heated seats and mirrors was real nice also.It could use a set of timbrens as it does droop quite a bit .The only drawback I found was because it is a crew cab the rear door windows stayed fogged up and I wish the heatd mirrors would stay on contantly.

7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

How about turning the keys up a little or a leveling key?

8. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I could do that but I don`t want the raised ride hight when the plow is off.

9. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

how bout some pictures!

10. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

x2 on pictures

11. tuna

tuna Senior Member

My Dig Cam crapped out and I`m hoping to find one under the tree this friday if not I will go buy one and get the pics up next week.

12. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Same here. Crappy cameras...

13. tuna

tuna Senior Member

NY eve `09

Got some crappy phone pics from today.

Attached Files:

14. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

15. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I`m gonna get those ,that is the best price i have seen for them and free shipping.thanks.

16. turb0diesel

Yup... i want ur truck but with quadsteering and duramax engine.. that would be bada%*

17. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

I agree if they put a d-max in them I would buy one in a heart beat!!

18. tuna

tuna Senior Member

No more Q- steer`s `04 was the last year for it mine`s an `05.I really like plowing with this truck it is like plowing with an Escalade.

19. turb0diesel

they have the nicest interior
    comfortable..

ooo i didnt kno they stopped makin the quadstering after the 04's
    my boss has a 03 with 40k and quadsteering so nice