1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with ATVs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ed's plowing, Feb 3, 2004.

1. ed's plowing

ed's plowing Junior Member
    from NJ

I've got a 2001 Honda Foreman 450 with a 50" Moose plow. I was wondering if anybody else uses ATVs for plowing small driveways, etc...:p

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

There was a post a couple of days ago about plowing with an atv. People said they work good and are very manuverable. :D :D

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

A friend of mine has a Polaris that they use on all the walks (long walks) of his plazas and professional office centers. This thing clears the walks FAST!

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we clear all our commercial sidewalks, and all our condos sidewalks with a plow on a polaris quad and earthway electric spreader on the back to throw down some ice melt.

5. xtremesuperduty

xtremesuperduty Junior Member

I use a Polaris scrambler 500 4x4 with a 48 inch cycle country manual lift plow to plow driveways, its good if you have alot close to each other but it is sorta a pain to get it in and out of the truck at each house if you have to travel far. because the plow hits the ramps goin in to my f250 so i have to ad more length to my 8 foot ramps. and with the dam thing in my truck i cant fit my blower in so i have to shovel walks or if the roads arnt to nasty ill just throw it on the trailer. But it is definitely worth it especially if you already have an atv.

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I have a Yamaha Wolverrine 4x4 with a plow. use it for large walks and stuff on commercial sites, works great.

7. adam843

adam843 Junior Member

Does anyone use a gator to plow? If so how do you like it?

Adam

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have seen people plow sidewalks with zero turn mowers with little blades on them. They also use a few gators to plow the wider sidewalks. I go by a guy that does a 30 car sized lot with an ATV. It always cleared, seems as good a job as a truck most times. Course we have not been nailed yet with over 4 inches of snow this year. He may have a little problem with real deep stuff.

9. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

We plow approx 55-60 account around town with 4 ATVs. We run Polaris 400 explorers. They are 2 cycles so they start in any weather. We push with 5' blades and lift them with warn winches. They work fine until we get into big lots (hotels) with over about 6" of snow. Then I pull the pickup in to do the heavy work. The ATV's really make their money on the walks up and down mainstreet (small town USA). Lucky for us, we usually get about 1 to 2 inches of snow at a time. Great profit/low imput.