1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with an S10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mean4x4, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

How does the S10 do for plowing?
    I have the 4.3 Vortech 4L60E Trans
    Manual T-Case Zr2 Suspension. Anyone plowing with something similar? I am starting a business and trying to get things rolling for next season. any tips on underbidding contracts?

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

The S10 is great for plowing.Ive had 2 of them.I use my 95 Sbalzer now,it works real good,so long as you keep in mind its basically a driveway truck,and sm commercial only. You may want to put an aux trans cooler in it though,that all Id do to it,and maybe turn the torsion bars 2 turns if it squats real bad.As for underbidding contracts.I sure hope you dont intend to go out and lower your local plowing rates,we get a few here every yr that decide to pirce jobs as of it were 1979.Luckily they dont last long.Do not underestimate the wear and tear that plowing wildo to your truck.To mnay guys under bid and it comes back to get them when there truck is basically worn out,and they dont have the $$ to buy a new one,because they were out working for next to free.IMO,its a little late to start plowing this yr.Any good customers will already be in contract with a reliable plowing contractor.My advice is to not bid cheap,bid the job fairly,fair to yourself and price it to your local market.Bid a lot of accounts,bid the ones you can handle,(your only going to be doing residential or sm commercial with an S10), the ones you get will be profitable,Id rather have 10 profitable accounts than 35 that I underbid on.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2003
  3. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Here's one of mine

it's a 1997 ZR2 with 4.3 autotranny & power everything.

SGF,
    I've got some new pic's that show the back blade and the sander on it. I'll try to get them posted as soon as i can.

Dan

truck and plow.jpg

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a Sno-Way on a 96 s-10 ext bab s.b. and it plowed great. just cranked up the torsion bars a few turns. Got me through the biggest storm I've ever plowed (22")

5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

No plow mount eh?? same year too

s10 plow n spreader.jpg