1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with an Excursion

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MikeRizz, Nov 24, 2003.

1. MikeRizz

MikeRizz Junior Member
    from NH

Hi all, I am new here. I would like to buy a plow for my 2000 Excursion ( V10 ). I really only plan on doing my own driveway and maybe a couple of the neighbors. Is this truck capable of using a 8' plow ? I did a search on Excursions and found a few people using them, but am hoping for a little more info. What if anything will I have to do to prepare the truck ? Is there a big difference in going to a 7' plow verse the 8' ? I did find a local dealer ( Blizzard ) that said they have a plow that fits.

Thanks !

2. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

i'd stick with an 8' plow on that large of truck. if weight is an issue you could look into a poly mold board. (snoway i think)

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the Excursion can plow fine. thier is a plowsite member who runs a blizzard 810 on his excursion. a 7.5-8ft plow will work great on the truck.:)

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

An Excursion is huge and will push an 8' plow all day long. Couple of guys around here using them and the handle the plow and push the snow just as good as an F250 does. :nod:

5. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters Junior Member

Does an Excursion have the same weight rating as a F250? It has the 8 lug axles and is based off the same platform as an F250/350.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

The excursion is a based on f250 platform i would a western or a meyers plow on it