1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with an Avlanche 1500?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jab862, Sep 26, 2003.

1. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone has or knows of anybody doing snowplowing with an Avlanche 1500. I know the 2500 is the only one with a snowplow package. Still I think the 1500 could be used for small amounts of plowing and was wondering if anyone does use it.
  2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know anything about Avalanche but I can try to help you out with what plow to look for.

I just looked up the Fisher website to see if they recommend a plow for your vehicle, and it is only listed for 2500 Avalanche. BUT it would be possible and I think it would be more likely that Fisher Homesteader plow can work on your vehicle. It is a very light duty type plow for homeowner. It is built out of poly, to save weight. I believe the whole unit weigh roughly around 250#, comparing to their smallest steel plow, LD 6'9" that would weigh around 550# to 600#.

You also can check with Sno-Way plow too. They are lightweight plow, but more of "heavy-duty" type than the Fisher Homesteader plow. Since you said you would be doing small amount of plowing, I think that either will be fine for you.
  3. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up Stephen. I currently have a 98 K1500 extended cab not rated for a plow. I put on a Meyers 7 1/2' and it does fine. I was told not to plow with 6 people aboard!! I checked into Boss and they make a plow for the Chevy 1/2 ton which is the same frame as the 1500 Avalanche. It should fit. Again not recommended for 6 people with you and not for alot of plowing but good for a few driveways now and then. I was hoping to hear from someone that really has one or knows of one out there to see what they think. My setup is not recommended but it really is no problem. Thinking the Avalanche would be similar. Thanks again Stephen
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i have a 1500 series truck and it has the plow package they do make them you have search
  5. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

Plow package for 1500

They do make a plow package for the 1500 standard cab but not the extended one. They also make the plow package for the 2500 Avalanche but not the 1500. I found a Boss dealer that said no problem but I just wanted to hear if anyone else had done it before me.