1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing With an ASV Posi-Trac

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NASConst_land, Nov 2, 2006.

1. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

We have a posi-trac and the thing is a beast when it comes to moving dirt and what not. We are thinking about putting a pusher box on it, but we dont know how well it will do seeing it is on tracks. Just wondering if anyone else has anything with tracks on it, and if they have any luck plowing with it.

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Never actually seen one with a pusher but they move well just with the standard bucket or a blade. I think my question would be one of track life ($$$) on asphalt.

3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

tires are alot better than a track machine. the tracks are ment to float on any surface thats why they have about a 3-5 PSI on the ground. they also have more surface area again allowing them to float ontop of the snow. tracks are very expensive and if one rips the machin is done and stuck in place. the asphault will rip up the tracks.

a wheeled machine is your best bet but u already have a tracked machine i wouldnt buy a box for it i would keep the bucket on it and just stack piles with it

just my .02

andrew

4. Mad Mulcher

Mad Mulcher Member

Pavement will not do any damage to ASV tracks. Plow away!