1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a LMM crew???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mow 4 u, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mow 4 u

mow 4 u Member

Brand new to the sight, got a ? for the experts.Got an 08 dd/aa crew short would like to mount 8.2 Boss V Local dealer says no warranty would be honored, because of weight. Truck already has 285's on tortions cranked all the way. Thinking Timbren's on all 4 corners to hold up front and the 400 lbs. tailgate salter, what do ya think..
  2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Do a search on here. There are PLENTY of guys here putting plows of that size on a crew cab duramax. I'm not sure about the warranty but I can tell you that there are plenty of people on here doing the exact same thing. The Timbrens and ballast will help substantially though.

good luck
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Im running a str8 fisher 8ft on my d/a cc short bed. My truck barely squats with out timbrens Only made 1 turn on my t bars.

Hey chevy kid im also from taunton.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And a pallet of material.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

All the 01-08 GMC's have the same frame and suspension, so you be fine even with a 9'2. That's what been on my 02 c/c d/a since new.