1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a lifted Wrangler YJ?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Jeffro75, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Jeffro75

Jeffro75 Junior Member

I have a '95 Wrangler 4 cylinder with a six inch suspension lift. I am interested in a small plow for my long gravel driveway and helping out neighbors. Can I put a plow on or not? I called two local places that sell plows and both told me I couldn't. Is that right?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Sure you can you will have to make a custom mount for the plow (to lower the plow mount about 6")
  3. Jeffro75

Jeffro75 Junior Member

Thanks, that's what I thought. So next questions are what kind of plow should I get (for residential use on gravel and blacktop private drives) and what do I need to do to my jeep? I've been reading the threads and seems like having down pressure is important, that I need to step up my alternator, beef up the front of the frame for the plow mount, and make sure to ballast the weight of the plow in back. What am I missing?
  4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Keep in mind you have a AX5 trans (weak).