1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a Ford, Oh No!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Detroitdan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Beggars can't be choosers. Busted my Blizzard this morning, a friend was kind enough to loan me his F350/Fisher straight 8 to do my entire route. Missed the wings, but I relearned how to plow the old-fashioned way again. Pretty decent truck, faster than mine (7.3 with a chip) but nowhere near the traction or weight. More than enough truck for the job though, and it was wierd not having to worry about where my dually fenders were. Found that I couldn't shift very fast, it needs a pause when going from drive to reverse or vice-versa. A little irritating.

Loved the ride with the airbags in the back, I just got mine and haven't installed them yet. Now I'm really excited about putting them in.

The Fishstick was pretty cool once I got the hang of it. The raise and lower worked the opposite of my switch, but the hardest thing was mine drops the plow with a touch of the button. With the Fishstick I'd hit the button and the plow would drop, but not all the way to the ground, which aggravated the crap out of me when I had to back up and replow several times because they blade wasn't on the ground.

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

LOL I have had same issue with Fish Stick. But on the up side I prolonged the life of my cutting edge

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

LOL, now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!