1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with a dump truck..

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevy$men, Jul 11, 2010.

1. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

does anybody plow with a 1 ton dump truck 2wd if so how is it????
  2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

theres some people out there that do it. A slong as you load it up with weight in the back with good tires and are plowing on flat ground you should be alright. wouldny plow residentials with a 2wd
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Do a search, you can read on and on for pages about this :drinkup:
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have done it with 2 different trucks. 1 was a 1999 3500HD with the 19.5 wheels and the other a 2003 3500. Both did extremely well. With the 03 we ran a 9'6" Fisher V and a 8' spreader on the back. The 99 we ran a 9' Western with a 10' spreader. I would do it again for sure. The only thing I will add is these trucks are part of a fleet. There is always someone around to pull them if they get stuck. They will plow flat ground without any problems. Most snowfalls here are under 6" but we get the odd one that might be 10".
  5. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

Ok thanks guys i just bought two dump truck and was worried about plowing with them...
  6. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Plowed last season w/a 1984 c-30 mason dump 2wd. Trk has a spreader and even without material it did just fine. However I added BFG's all terrain t/a's and did better.
  7. chevy$men

chevy$men Senior Member

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

lots of threads about this already, I personally only use 4wd as a last ditch effort anyway, but we do have a 1ton dump with a 9ft plow on that has never been stuck (knock on wood), its also usually loaded down with salt.