1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a crewcab

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by kingriver, Sep 21, 2011.

1. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

I am curious as to how many of us use Crewcab pickups for plowing, Be it Dodge - Ford - Chevy - GMC. I would like to hear from you on what you have and how you believe it stacks up against the rest.

2004 Dodge 3500 Dually Cummins Turbo 4x4 CC - w - Western Pro plus -w- wings
    2000 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty CC 4x4 -w- Western Pro plus -w- wings
    and several others 2500 standard cab trucks.
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a long bed which is the same size has the crew short bed.
    It's great for commercial sucks on residential.
  3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have a f250 crew cab short bed diesel and love it.

I also have a 2500hd crew cab short bed and it has been a great truck.
  4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I have an extended cab and a 6 1/2 bed. Plowed a few times with a quad cab and a 8' bed...didnt care for it.
  5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I usually plow in a F350 crew w/ a short bed. Was a bit hesitant before I got it, but now I absolutely love it. The dog stretches across the whole back seat & if I want to take a nap...the seat tilts nicely to about 30* or so. The heated seats & arm rests just make it that much nicer. Plowing or for road trips, don't think I could go back to a standard cab.
  6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

02 f350 cc long bed diesel. Use it fot my large pushes. Also have a 94 f150 ext cab short box I use for driveways and a backup. The 350 may be a bit big, but out in large lots it does really well.