1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a crew cab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dmjr77, Jan 28, 2005.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello! Does anyone plow with a crew cab? I am looking at a 2003 GMC 2500HD crew cab and I was wondering if they plow ok or are they to long.
    Thank You

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Short or long bed crew?

3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 3500 crew long bed with a Blizzard 810 for commercial lots. Don't recommend it for tight areas.

4. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

I have a 2004 GMC crew cab short bed. It is just 9 inches longer than the Extended cab short bed I traded for it. I myself do not really notice a difference. Yes it is a little tighter in residential drives, but I do mostly commercial. The only thing I would change is the 7.5 MM1 Fisher plow that I took off the Ext cab and put on the crew cab. I would definitely go with at least an 8 footer. If the truck has a gas motor, you can go all the way up to a 9 or IIRC a 9.5 Vee. A diesel will limit you some...

5. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I have a 2002 GMC 2500HD crew cab short bed D/A, and an 8'2" Boss poly V. I plow some residential and small parking lots with it and it gets a little tight. But I can still plow every place that I used to plow with a 1/2 ton regular cab short bed. I wouldn't hesitate at all to plow with one. A crew cab long bed would be a little harder to plow with though.

6. I plow with my '04 2500HD Crew Cab. There is a noticeable difference from the ext cab but you'll get used to it. Go with the 8 or 8.5 foot plow, you'll be glad you did!