1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a CCLB?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Aug 24, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

First off I hope everyones summer went well so far. I am planning on buying a newer truck this fall. Am looking for either a Crew cab short box or preferably an ext cab lb. Trouble is I cant find anything that has decent miles on it. I can find CCLBs a dime a dozen. At this time I only plow resi, but will go into commercial next year. Can it be done in a CCLB?

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I plow commercial lots with F350 CCLB and a few larger driveways. Your normal development 2 car driveway may be a bit of pain but it can be done. Sadly most the driveways I do don't have turn arounds large enough for me without getting in the grass. But out in the open lots I have no problems.

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

It's like plowing with a school bus.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My daily truck is. Plows great. Longer trucks are way better for pulling a load.........which is what it does normally.

All depends on the truck. 05-up Ford SDs have a much better turning radius with the coils. My CCLB 05 turns tighter than my 04 rclb's with leaf's.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I use to have and plowed with a 2004 CCSB Dodge 2500. Hated every minute of it.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

In NJ, its all shortbeds, CC long beds cant ever find em!

residential, sheesh, short bed ext cab or bust! LOL

thats a long truck to maneuver in a driveway!

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Did lots and lots of plowing with an ECLB. You get used to it

8. Leland Lawn

Leland Lawn Member

Our plow trucks are ECLB and I'm happy with them! There the same length as a CCSB.... but those are hard to find around here. I've been looking for one for a few weeks now, and nothing has come up near me. I would plow with my CCLB if it wasn't a darn manual! Its the best towing truck ever though.