1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PLowing with a CC

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigDave12768, May 20, 2009.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I am thinking about buying a 2010 5500 4x4 CC It would not have a bed just some fenders for the wheels and a 5th wheel mounted to frame. I have never run ballast in any of trucks. So the beds cant weigh much. So anyone run a CC and plow with it?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I run a chevy 3500 CC. It wouldn't be my first choice but there is no problem plowing with it. I plow schools and some small apartment buildings. There isn't any problem with the schools but the buildings can be a bit of a challange. Just make sure you buy a wide enough plow. I am running a 8'6" Western V with wings.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My last 3 personal trucks were crew cabs. IMHO, visibility is better than my reg or x-cabs. The lots I plow really don't require much tight turning, although ones I used to did and they've been just fine.

4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think hes talking about a cab + chassis.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

HAHA thanks :sleeping:

I always think crew cab when I see CC :)

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

my boss runs three f-350 chass cabs with dumping flat beds on them and they do great. not sure how they would do without the weight of the flatbed back there though. 2 are reg cabs and one a super cab all 3 are diesels one 6.0 and 2 6.4s.... they get a little sloppy when driving in slush the duallys tend to float. other than that they turn better than my 350 reg cab p/u, and have better visibilty.

7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah Chasis Cabs. It would be Quad//Crew cab though. My old Dually did so well in 2 wheel drive with zero weight in bed. I am thinking Chasis Cab would do fine in 4wd.

8. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Dave if I didnt know any better, business is good... All these new toys :)
    I cant offer any advice, but good luck with your choice, and since I know your going to buy a Dodge, make it a Cummins :)

9. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

I was thinking concealed carry when I saw it. Thought maybe he was plowing in a shady area.

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Going to want weight on the back of the chassis. IMO

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You are definitely going to want weight in the back. such a waste to just plow with a truck that could easily hold 3 tons of sand in the back.