1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a cabover

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tom5301, Dec 3, 2007.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

I wanted to find out if any body plows with a 2 wheel drive cab over and if you have pics and how it does

2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

theres a guy on here that plows with a cab over and he has a switch and go body on it so hes got a flat bed with a v box and a mulch body and a box. i think its 2wd hes got a v on the front to i would do some searching u could prolly find the pics as well.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a Chevy W4500 That I use.

Its got a 9ft Boss Superduty Plow and a Snow Ex 2400 tail gate spreader.

We used it a bit the other day but the snow/liquid/Frozen/Sleet/Crap was so heavy that the plow kept tripping (Just like all my other ones)

With a decient load of salt on and if its in something that resimbles snow it should do ok.

But as for spreading salt with it. Cant beat it. I've been doing it for the last 3 days now.

Peterbilt