1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a cabover

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zak, Oct 27, 2004.

1. zak

zak Junior Member

Folks,

Has anyone ever plowed with a cabover and if so do you have any advice, pictures or any useful information for me to sway our decision on if we should or should not. We have a Isuzu cabover dump with a Chevy engine in it.

Zak

2. sidewing

sidewing Junior Member

Hi Zak:

If you take a look at our website at www.sidewing.net, at the videos section, the larger trucks area shows 2 Isuzu flatbed trucks plowing a large lot.

I know the owner was very happy with their performance, with the wing on they were pushing 12' of snow each per pass and really worked well.

Hope you find this useful,

Reg

3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Just found out yesterday thet FUSO will no longer be offered with an auto transmition. Bummer because I had cash in hand to buy a new one and mount a new blade (Blizzard or Boss) on it with a 2 yard sander.

4. fakie99

fakie99 Junior Member

4x4 or 2x4?

whoever has plowed with them, have you used 4x or 2x?

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

9 ft. blade on my npr hd dump,2 wheel dr. plows great!

6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I have a UD 1800HD with a 9' BOSS and a 3yd sander in it. 2wd, and she plows better than an F550. As with any 2wd truck, you WILL need weight in the back. I think I have a picture or two. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Paponte I would assume that the first picture is the after picture of the rubber cutting edge install the and 2nd is the before picture.

From what I have heard on cab over trucks. It that they make great plow trucks. Since you can see the plow at all times. Even see right in front of the plow. They turn tighter too. I would like to try plowing with one just to see how it works. But need a ton of counter weight.

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

both pictures have steel cuttings edges on.

9. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i think he is talking about the snow deflector on the first shot.

10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

zak

I run a 99 Mitsi, short w/b,auto,10' platform dump,1.5 yrd.Down East ss electric sander,Meyers 8' poly plow,and a locker in the rear.It plows like a tank most of the time. There are some draw backs:#1, push frame sits low,I run tall tires in the front to get over curbs.#2,you can't plow areas with a steep approuch, the push frame digs into the driveway.#3, I can't start to push up hill from a stop, not enough traction. I can plow down and back up a steep area with no problem.

My worst problem is the truck wireing,it corrodes out with the road salt. I had to use a water proof electrical box to mount all my wires for the sander.

Gene

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

can you get the fusco in 4wd its the ideal truck i was looking at them myself

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Whoops!!!!!! my mistake. I was talking about the snow deflector.

13. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Fusco in 4x4 are no longer offered with a auto transmition.
    Otherwise I would have had one 2 months ago with a Blizzard

14. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I have no problem with my pushframe hanging too low. I had to fabricate my mount since there is none available except for a 4x4 Mitsu. :cool: