1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with a 94 blazer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hayabusa, Dec 8, 2003.

1. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

Any one plowing with a 94 blazer if so what plow and what did you add on the front end.

Just picked one up looking at either the hiniker plows or a boss plow with the trip edge

Thanks

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

HAY......Are you talking a full size Blazer?

If so I had a 94 2 door full size with a Western
    7 1/2 rig. The truck did have the VYU plow prep
    pkg. too.

It plowed GREAT for 3 hard NY winters....But had
    to trade it for a pickup !....................geo

3. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

The only problem plowing with a Blazer, or any similar type of vehicle is the visability when backing.

4. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

full size blazer

Yes I am talking about a full size Blazer 2 door sport , it has the 5.7 350 motor. My thinking was due to the shorter wheel base it would be alot better for plowing.
    Also have a full size Chevy extended cab short bed I was thinking about using as a back up.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  5. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Blazers are great plow trucks. I have a friend who got me interested in plowing that has 2 blazers and swears by them for plowing.

Tony

6. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

is there any mod's or add on's that he added to his blazers front end for all the extra weight ?

Thanks for the replys

7. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

None that I know of, but then again, Ive never asked. Ill ask him later.

Tony

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I see a lot of 2 door blazers with 350 they have meyers and fishers 7.5 blades

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the blazer will plow just fine with timbrens installed. a 7.5 is the best size plow for them. fisher western are great brands for a blazer:)

10. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

Thank you for the replys

11. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

I asked my buddy and he doesnt have anything. On his 91, he's changed the trans once when he first got it 9 years ago, He's never done any front end work on it ever, but he did say the steering gearbox is wearing out (Seals). He's got 110k on it too! His 96, Nothing has ever been done to it, and hes got 84k on that one. Both of them dont even Squat when the plows are mounted. It looks like Im gonna be driving the 91 this season, so I dont have to hurry to get my F250 up and ready to plow quite yet. I do want to have it done tho so I can use it for a backup if I have to.(That is if it ever snows!)

Tony

12. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

Thanks for checking with him on that was thinking I was going to have to do some work on the front end to support a 7.6 boss

Thanks

13. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

He's got Western 7.5's on both.

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

The last 10+ years I've plowed with a cj-7 (350 chevy) and just put a meyers 7.5 with the e-60 pump. Intalled it myself and was a piece of cake. I really like the remote controll feature. 1 hand on the steering wheel, the other on the shift lever holding the remote. Nice comfortable feature. Bought the plow on tuesday night and started installation weds and thursday night just before the storm. Took ALOT of getting used to and sure miss the jeep!

15. hayabusa

hayabusa Junior Member
    from spokane

The blazer turning radius is very tight a heck of alot tighter than my truck that is what got me wanting to put a plow on it leaning toward the boss straight blade