1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a 5-spd F-150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jhenegh, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

Any body use their 5-spd F-150 to plow? I have a '99 with the 4.6, regular cab long bed, and it seems a little "light-duty" to plow. It has a 3.55 rear end. It just doesn't seem like it would hold up to the strain.

Thanks

2. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I have used our 95 f150 short box 5 sp with a myers plow since new to plow out 2 or 3 drives and not had issues. That said I feel if it was for commercial use I would not even think of doing it. I plow like a granny nice and easy and it gets the job done. Plowed well over 3 feet of snow many times. OK for your drive and maybe your neighbors, but anything other than that would kill the truck fast.

3. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

have a 92 f150 ex. cab 5 sp. bunch of aftermarket on it though. f350 leafs, heavy coils, centerforce clutch, etc. works great,only plow my drive with it though .

4. TomB...IN

TomB...IN Member
    from Indiana

I think you should just make a plow for a Deere 318. (inside joke)

Tom