1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with a 4 cylinder wrangler??

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by osomany?s, Sep 20, 2012.

1. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Would like some feedback my son has a 95 wrangler with a 4 cylinder and were considering a 6.5 ft Meyer plow does anyone have any pros/cons ???any info would be appreciated thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

There's a guy around here who plows with one ,quick little plow good for driveways.

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Mine has a 6 cyl, we are just mounting plow to now. From the experience with other plow trucks though with base engins, you usually run out of traction long (break tires free) long before you run out of power.

4. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

They work great, take twenty minutes and read the "Jeep" section or use the search function and you will find plenty of info. As you can see by the many pages of "Jeep" posts there is plenty of info on Jeeps for you ~BigD

5. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Jeeps are awsome plow trucks , gearing is the key not size of motor . As long as your not plowing highways for hours on end it will be fine.

6. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Hey big d thanks for your reply .im computer handicapped mind telling me where this jeep section is i appropriate the help thanks

7. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

As most others have said you will run out of traction long before power. I had a '97 TJ with a 2.5 L 5-Speed manual trans, and it was a great machine. I had a Boss 7'6" Sport Duty on the front, and pushed 12" at times. Make sure you carry ballast, and put some help in the front (timbrens, airbags, or air shocks).

8. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Throw some sand bags in it and keep the rpm's up!

9. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Your post is in the "Jeep" section... I have spent hours reading ppls. posts and gone off to other applicable threads

~BigD