1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a 2wd backhoe

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pinky Demon, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Company I sub for has a Case 580K, early 90s model, 2wd. Anyone ever stick a pusher on the 2wd models? How do they do? Any modifications you can do to get more traction?

It just sits there in the winter, and I figure they might as well use it if they can.
  2. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

works fine, i run a 12' backhoe model on my 580e

the only time it sucked was in the 23" we got last year, and the mall didnt call us until there was 10" built up overnight so going across those huge lots was tricky

heres a ford 2x4 in action we had too with a 14' loader pusher

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

There is a case 580 2wd on my crew it works just fine with a 10 foot pusher. You can see a pic of it on my season pics in the equipment pics forum
  4. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll have them look into it.
  5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

10' box IMO your fine.
  6. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

Has anyone gone and added additional weight on the rear? What about tires? Just the standard size and tread or something different?
  7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Standard tread. You could add weight by filling the tires but i find is more weight in the frt. some drivers love to have there front tires off the ground to oftend.
  8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Run a 1986 deere 310B 2wd , never used a box , but I put a 9 ft blade on it , not a problem , did buy a set of chains made the machine virtually unstoppable but a bumpy ride