1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with a 2wd 1 ton dump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by optimax, Sep 22, 2010.

1. optimax

optimax Junior Member

Does anyone have experience plowing with a 2wd 1 ton dump? I'm considering buying one but am worried about it's pushing ability. Will probably always be used in larger lots.
  2. bskiball

bskiball Member

1996 Chevy 3500 12 foot dump bed 8.5 foot western straight blade with V-box on the bed it does o.k. (if you are not stupid). v-box full of salt pushes anthing. My brother drives it most of the time and he has never been stuck (Using it for three years) Theirs my two cents.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

As long as it's not your only truck you should be fine.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not sure, but there may be one other thread about this.

New snow tires, lots of weight, good LSD or selectable locker.

Most important, light right foot
  5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just gotta be smart when your pushing into piles....dont go too far!:rolleyes:
  6. nhmower

nhmower Junior Member

I plowed for a company for years with a 2wheel drive dump, just put some weight in the back and you'll do fine. But like others said you just have to be smart and not get too deep pushing back, or if your plowing hills don't let it build up too deep in front of the plow
  7. nekos

nekos Senior Member

This same thing gets asked 10 times each year...
    It's better to have 4wd and not need it then it is to need it and not have it.

Yes you can plow with a 2wd 1 ton truck. Should you plow with a 2wd truck? in my opinion ... NO !