1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a 2010 GMC 1500 crewcab

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BIGGB9, Nov 9, 2010.

1. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Hey guys just wondering, I just bought a new GMC sierra 1500 crew cab 4x4 with a 4.8 liter V8. I was thinking about putting a mid weight plow on it like a western hts or boss sport duty, but some people told me that it may void my warranty because it is not snow plow prep. Is this true. It is not like I want to commercial plow with it just plow a few driveways. Please give me some feed back and what would be a good plow for my truck if any. Thanks Brian

2. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

yea i belive it dose void it...even on my 07 k 1500 i think it voids it even tho fisher says both 7.5 hd and hts can go on my truck...and besides coil over up front not sure how well it would do carrying a plow...altho i have seen chevy 1500 nbs holding a full size 7.5 fisher no problem...

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Do the HT or SD, check out a review in my signiture.

4. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

i would go with the ht it was specifically designed for new 1500s

5. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

What about the snowman power angle plow for the rear of the truck anybody use them. Are they any good I found out they are just as expensive as a front plow.

6. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

What would be better a western HTS or a western midweight plow for my truck