1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with a 2008 Toyota Highlander

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by trinityhouse, Nov 16, 2010.

1. trinityhouse

trinityhouse Junior Member
    from MD

What snowplow would you recommend for use on a 2008 Toyota Highlander 4x4?
    Thanks!

2. Mr. Horsepower

Mr. Horsepower Member

Taking a quick look at fisher ematch http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/ematch.php
    it doesn't look like the highlander is rated to carry even the light Homesteader / Suburbanite.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

4. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the highlander a uniframe construction? Generally uniframes aren't recommended for plowing. I plow with a small blade and an 02 4Runner, does a good job. Ask around and see if anyone has done anything similar, try the import truck part of the board.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My mom has a 2007 Toyota Highlander. It has a uniframe. It's not realy a SUV, it's more of a cross over. I would not recomend plowing with it.

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I would not plow Walyworld with it but you can plow 1 or 2 small driveways

7. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well duh....for Wallyworld you need at least an S10 or a ranger with a 7 footer.