1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with a 1500 series chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sandhauler4710, Mar 27, 2010.

1. sandhauler4710

sandhauler4710 Junior Member

Hello everyone,I am new to the board and am interested to learn. I have alot of time plowing but with company trucks. Usually f250 superduties which are great for plowing in my opinion. I have had a great deal come to me on a 2005 1500 silverado z71. 49000 miles with a 8ft hiniker plow that was barely used and in great condition. Would you guys recomend plowing with this? Am i getting into trouble purchasing this truck? Truck shows no sign of abuse was owned by a older man that took pretty good care of it. When the truck was used for plowing it was only used for driveways. I would have to take a loan out to pay for the truck and I plan on using it to plow every winter. I just dont want to get myself into trouble. Thanks in advance,the knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

2. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Driveways and small lots, it should work good. What are they asking for the package??

3. sandhauler4710

16,000 plow fiberglass bed cover bed liner what do you think? I think its a pretty good deal. Thanks for the input also appreciate that.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  4. Zigracer

Zigracer Member

I've plowed residential for ten years using 1/2 ton truck and just went back to one. I'm easy on my equipment and I've never had a problem. Seems like a good deal.

5. sandhauler4710

Thanks again,I plan on taking great care of the truck. There is a lot of good information on this site glad I came across it. I'm hoping next season will have as much snow as this season on long island. We had a couple pretty good work genarating storms.

6. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i have the same truck yr z71 same thing but i have 60,000 this was my 2nd winter with my own truck i do a few drive ways for family and i sub out i have a 7.6 hd i wish i put a 8 ft on whats 6 more inchs weight wyes but ya it not bad i just take my time

7. gas man

gas man Junior Member

I have been running a 8ft for a few years with no probs. Just be smart and don't try to do to much.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

16G for a six year old half ton and plow? Is the plow six years old too? I would shop around I think. What cab/trim level?

9. gas man

gas man Junior Member

if it helps my buddy bought the same truck no plow with 140k for just under 9500 at auction. The word that i heard is that the truck market is not falling off like it normaly does.

10. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

140K on a 1/2 ton plow truck used commercially spells disaster!:mechanic:

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He said no plow.......:D

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I just turned over 180k today on mine. It seems fine and it's not had an easy life.