1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by imhuck63, Dec 10, 2008.

1. imhuck63

imhuck63 Junior Member

Can anyone provide advice as to whether or not a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee can be used for plowing? I see that there is a cheap plow available from Rocky Road, but can the Grand Cherokee handle any better blade that also angles left and right automatically? I just want to use it for my own residence. Thanks in advance.
  2. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Dont know about 1996, but I use a 1995 to plow a couple homes :D

3. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

for some reason your tranny is alot weaker than the trannys in the cherokees i was told that the tranny in my 96 cherokee is made by toyota the grand cherokees use dodge trannys they shift hard they bang while shifting and even slip my wife has the grand cherokee same engine 4 litre inline six my cherokee is a lot stronger than hers in every aspect my jeep has a much lower gear its not as good on long trips uses more gas because of the gearing dodge makes a very weak tranny thats what i noticed between my two jeeps
  4. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

5. supersource

supersource Junior Member

where did the plow setup for the gc come from
  6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

X2 Must have been a custom install, I have never seen a Meyer, Western, or Fisher on a ZJ (1993-1998) Grand Cherokee.