1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with 4cyl jeep wrangler

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigjake, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bigjake

bigjake Junior Member
    from EST

Can you plow witha 1999 4 cyl jeep wrangler w/5 spd?

2. rbs299

rbs299 Junior Member

Yes you can! I wouldn't put a big plow on it but you could plow.... I would look at a 6ft meyer or a 6.5ft western. A plastic plow would work also. Just remember, weight is the big deal. Keep it down and you will do fine!

3. Fotch

Fotch Junior Member

I use a 95 Toyota 4runner 4cyl 5spd. it does just fine and it can easily push snow right up over the plow in first gear high range no problem. I think a tj has more than my 110 ponies too.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Try asking in the Jeep forum. Most plow makers dont make a plow for the 6 Cyl Jeep.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can use a meyers plow i wouldnt buy a lexan plow

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you can plow with a lawn tractor if you're smart about it.

The truck and plow are just a tool, it's all about how you use it.

Plan your work and you're schedule to match your equipment.

Use low range if necessary, you'll be just fine.

Oh,and as an aside: I LIKE lexan plows LOL

7. PLOWMAN45

for the money i want to meyers its been around for a long time and the parts are easy to find

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Says a Man with a Curtis and a Western?:confused:

9. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

4 LO baby!

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

this was my thought when i read the heading of this thread throw some salt or sand bags in the back. u get stuck u got stuff to throw down

11. KGRlandscapeing

so his choice is colors isnt yellow dosent mean u wont see a ton of those old meyers 6.5 sitting in the junk yeards still hookd to the old jeeps

12. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Why not? You can plow with a properly equipped garden tractor. A jeep has heat.:D
    All kidding aside. The 4cyls have been used for years back in the day. If it's an automatic, I wouldn't. You did say 5 speed, so pickup a nice used 300 lb plow set-up and have fun.;)

Oh, where are my manners... Welcome to Plowsite!

Steve

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  13. PLOWMAN45

i can get parts for my plows and meyers are easy to get and fix

14. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Jeeps plow very well. Back when we did alot of residentials it was the best. Had an old CJ with a 6.5 plow and a back blade. We used it for houses and a bunch of fast food places since it gets around so easy. Great for tight spots like drive thrus ect. We even used it on some bigger lots. It just takes longer because of the blade size.

15. Fotch

Fotch Junior Member

2nd gear low pushes well, but when you go to back up, it isn't worth it, it's way too slow!

4 High baby!!!

16. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Jeeps do a great job plowing! I do around 60 drives with my 6.5 Meyer - 01 Cherokee. It's great to be able to do your whole route twice on the same tank of gas.

17. KGRlandscapeing

my truck will plow 12hrs with out needing gas but it will cost me a bill to fill it back up