1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing with 2wd ag tractor with duals?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by windrowsnow, Aug 18, 2009.

1. windrowsnow

windrowsnow Senior Member
    from nw ohio

just wondering to get some feed. has anyone done this or know of anyone who has put a pusher on the 3pt of a 2wd ag tractor with duals? how has it worked?
  2. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

anyone ever seen this or used it?
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I have seen a few pic of blades on the front of 2wd tractors but they where old pics.

I am wondering about the same thing you are though.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Better traction with out duals. I know a guy that runs 12 ft angle blades on the front of some older Case tractors. My dad ran some 2wd's back in the late 60's and early 70's and he wasn't very pleased with their performance.
  5. windrowsnow

from nw ohio

one would be a deere from the 60's and the same for the case. pretty sure the tires are loaded. how well would a box do on the 3pt? i have seen a few here and there with this style but never knew how they would work.
  6. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

we've got a 10' angle blade that we put on the three point of a 4440 JD for cleaning up snow around the farm. they can push quite a bit but it's very slow. I wouldn't use it commercially. We also use a skid steer and can move a lot more snow a lot faster with just the 6' bucket. Maybe if you could get a big enough blade it would be ok but I think you would get tired of being turned around in the cab going in reverse all day long.
  7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Run What You Brung.

If you have a 2wd tractor and want to push snow with it, go for it. I wouldn't buy a 2 wd tractor to push snow with.

Take the duals off and load the tires. Duals will just pack the snow and not ad that much traction.

Gramp used to push snow with his tractors around the farm and down the road for years.

The issue I see is turning. Plow/box blade on the front with the tires pushing you would make you go straight.

A blower on the 3pt would work GREAT for deeper snow.
  8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

you won't be able to use a pull plow on the 3PH with duals. The tractor will float on the snow and spin.

Run singles, load your tires and PRE-SALT.

Use the tractor for straight runs and do cleanups with the truck.

IMO, I would trade for 4wd if you could. it will make a world of difference. You can get away with a small 4wd tractor than 2wd tractor.