1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 2010 JK RuBiCon ?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by V10F250SD, Feb 2, 2011.

1. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

Just bought a new Rubicon , thinking about lifting it putting a set of blizzaks onnit and a plow ..... was thinking towards the SNO-WAY 22or26, or the WESTERN sport duty plow 7' or under ..... i have 2 larger trucks for the big stuff so i kinda want a truck for small lots and sidewalks being that im in NYC and Queens & Brooklyn NY....... do you guys think the truck will be able to handle a plow for light duty & light comercial plowing????:salute::salute:

2. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Curious myself? Wondering also how they can push the heavy wet stuff?

3. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I just picked up my 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport on the 13th and have plowed with it 4 times since then. All four storms have been over 6 inches of light and fluffy snow. One small parkinglot I do had over 10 inches of snow when I arrived (stores didn't open because of storm) the Jeep did a great job of pushing it. We are expecting another 6 inches of wet snow this Saturday we will see what it can do then. I traded in my F-250 for this Jeep and wish I had done it sooner. Great plow vehicle

4. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

I have a chance to pick one up. I am thinking it would be a great addition for the smaller stops.

5. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

Before I bought mine I read every thread about the Jeep and it's capabilities. The dealership had one that they used to plow their lot so one day I went there and watched them plow and I was convinced that it could do everything i wanted it to. I say go for it you won't be disappointed The other day I actually pulled a 3/4 ton Chevy out of a snow bank.

6. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

7. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I use a 2008 JK unlimited sahara with Snow Dogg MD75 for my 700' (steep) driveway and it handles it without incident. I use SC Cable Chains on the rain tires for added traction in order to make it back up the driveway. The only problem I am having right now is my snowbanks are 11' high at the bottom or the driveway and the jeep can't budge them. My neighbor is in the same boat and his V8 truck can't get them to move either. Time to get a big front end loader in here to move the piles back 20'.

8. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

9. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

i just did a 2 inch body lift ( so i wouldn't effect the plow mount since im not raising suspension and chasii & put some 35 inch Dick Cepek FCII (all terain tires with some water sipes so i would have a llittle better traction on ice) i still have all summer ahead of me but next year i think im gonna go with a SNOWAY 26 - 6'8'' with down pressure OR BoSS SPORT DUTY.... i got this truck to late in the winter season 2 have some plowing funn withit ;( ..... hope my 35s will do good in the snow ...... diff locks with rubicon should help (hopefully) anybody feel free to write more if they have any suggestions or thoughts on my settuppp .... i also am not completely sure if the snoway 26 will fitt on my truckk i beleive it should thoo.........( i want alittle taller plow 26 NOT 22 because im going to use it as a Light Comercial/ Residential plow )

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  10. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

11. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

12. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Put some front and rear Metalcloak fenders on, there are a little $$$ but worth it.

13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I believe a plow more durable than the Western would be a Fisher SD.

14. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

i diddnt realize the boss was 26 inches tall ...... the only thing i keep thinking of is i never had a plow with down pressure ..... it sounds like such a good idea .... thats why i keep leaning towards this sno-way .

anybody have anything to say about snowayy plows?????

15. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have had 4 snoway plows. 2 on 3/4 ton and 2 on dodge Dakotas. The newest one I have is a 1 year old 26 I bought new last year. Down pressure is nice and it scrapes well. During the ice storm we had here I was pretty rough on it ramming 4" of ice to break it up and I did blow out both angle cylinder seal but only slow leaks. My buddy same storm broke OFF his snowdogg. Next plow will either be a Snoway again or Boss. Make sure you have a dealer close for whatever you buy

16. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

are your snoways POLY clear ? or the steel ones??? and have u had alot of problems with them besides blowing our the cylinders in the last stormmm>??

17. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Other than a couple seleniods on older ones nothing. All mine poly. I have a buddy that has a 29 steel new this year , took it in cause it was running slower and they replaced pump under warranty. I've been happy with them. I sold one of my older ones and that guy ran a branch thru the poly but skins are around 120.00 so not devastating If you do break it

18. V10F250SD

V10F250SD Junior Member

19. charlg

charlg Member

Joe, How did the setup work this winter? It was a tough one.

Is the Myer plow capable of putting a back drag blade on it? I do mostly driveways.

20. magik235

magik235 Senior Member

Nice Rubi. Looks good.