1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 2007/2008 NBS 1500 SILVERADO

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by carboy, Jan 20, 2008.

1. carboy

carboy Junior Member

Last summer I purchased a new Silverado Classic 1500 because I was more confident the tried and true torsion bar suspension would be more durable for snow plowing. So far, so good. I'm curious to hear rear world feedback from owners plowing with NBS 2007/2008 SILVERADO 1500s. How is the new style front suspension working out? Much front-end sag? Any disappointments?
  2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

nope no problems so far
  3. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I am very happy with mine. Front end drops 3/4 of a inch with plow raised. Plows and drives great and the gas mileage isnt bad either. The main thing that sold me is how much better it rides compared to my old 2006 2500hd.

New truck with plow 002.jpg
  4. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to, geereed, I'm wondering what you are seening for temps on your truck. both trans temp and engine temp, while plowing or not!
  5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

6. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Engines temps are normal plowing or not. The trans temp will get up to 180 to 190 when plowing for about a hour and 130 to 150 when not plowing but with the plow on. You do need to keep the plow as low as you can while driving at highway speeds to keep the air going in to the grille. I have never had it get hot but you can hear the fan running more if you have the plow to high while driving. Anything else let me know.
  7. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

you can puit an 8ft on the new 1500?
  8. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Sure it works great.
  9. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

whats normal for the engine temp, for you. my temp stays around 210 and will climb higher while sitting still or plowing. this causes my trans temp to go up as well. driving, w/o plow, my trans temp gets to about 130. plowing however i've had it up to 230!! I believe that its going up with the radiator temp. i have the factory external cooler installed.
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The truck in that link is a nbs. 99-07
    My truck is an obs (see sig) 88-98
    The new trucks 07.5+ are nnbs.
    The trucks pre 88 are oobs.

I wonder what they are going to be called when chevy/gmc changes again in a few years? rnbs (really new body style)?:D
  11. geereed

geereed Senior Member

My engine temp never goes over 210.
  12. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I do have the 5.3 with afm though.