1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 20" rims

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by caddytruck89, Nov 11, 2009.

1. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Looking for a good snow tire in a 20" size. Any one have any suggestions? I would like them to be about 31" tall or so.

2. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

I would think IF you could even find a decent snow tire in 20" for what they would cost you could buy a set of steel rims and tires that would work a lot better in the snow than 20s would be.And then you would have a dedicated set of tires and rims for the winter, and the salt and weather won't tear up your nice 20s(rims)

Just my thought.....Good Luck!

3. caddytruck89

Have to use 18" rims or larger. My lift kit came with new steerring knuckles and requires the use of large rims.

4. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

Depending on the size your looking for, check Cooper Zeon LTZ's. I have them on my Dodge Ram. They are not a snow tire but a hybrid off-road/On-road tire. They bite really well.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Caddytruck..

Is that you in the picture?

6. caddytruck89

Would you think any less of me??

7. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Look up Nitto Grapplers, they come in all sizes

8. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Cooper makes their Discoverer M&S in a 275/60R20 size but not with LT rating.

9. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

Toyo's

I got a set of 35x12.50R20 Toyo Mud countrys on my dodge and love them all seasons!tymusic

10. caddytruck89

Bump....New year. Still looking any other tires out there?

11. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

the goodyear wrangler SilentArmor and DuraTrac are real good in snow i never got stuck with them

12. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member