1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 1/2 ton

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sefh, Jan 13, 2007.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I'm looking to trade a Jeep CJ7 for a 95 Chevy 1/2 4x4. The truck is in great shape and I won't have to wrench on it but will it handle a Meyer Plow. I currently have a 6.5 on my Jeep and I would use it for the Chevy if it would handle it. What do you think? Would I have to beef up the front or could I run as is? If any one out there plows with one post some pics. Thanks
  2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

yes it will be fine, but a 6.5 is really small on a pickup, you really want 7.5-8ft, but yes it will work.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

A 7.5' would be the recommended plow for that vehicle. But since you already have the 6.5', I'd go ahead and use it rather than go to the expense of replacing it. The truck will handle it.
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

A set of Pro-Wings on your 6 1/2 and it will work fine.
  5. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Got a plow on this 1/2 ton. 7 1/2 ft western unimount. Turned the t bars 3 shots, and good to go!

Picture 003.jpg