1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing with 08 F250 Crew 6.4L

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jettix2, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

Just bought an 08 F250 CC 4WD with the 6.4L

Truck has 102,000 on the clock, and only remaining warranty is the Ford ESP 200,000 engine warranty on the Powerstroke, nothing else.

Truck has 10,000 GVWR package which includes the optional "mid-weight" FAWR springs of 5600#. E load rated tires. Does not have the official "plow prep" package.

I am planning on putting an 8'-6" Western MVP Plus on it, to plow my own driveway and a small parking lot at work. It will not get beat on.

Should I be OK with this setup?

The only alternative was my old 8' Western Pro Plow, which weighs about 150# less but the deal on the MVP is too good to pass up.

LMK your thoughts.

Thanks, Ben

2. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

PS: The servicing Ford dealer doesn't care about the plow on the truck, in fact they recommended the shop I bought the plow from:)

3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

I think you should be good, and if I was you, I'd just update the front coil springs with the 6000# units. On one of my F350 CC DRW Diesel's, I actually put the factory Ford 7000# coils up front, still same cost, and the truck sat perfectly level. Carried a 9' Western ProPlus like nothing.

You can order them online for not much at all, and it's about an hour install to swap them out.

I've done about 4 trucks like this now, it's really a quick and easy change out and you'll be surprised how simple it was.

On a totally different side note, if you don't mind my asking, what are they quoting you for the 8'6" Western MVP Plus? I'm looking at getting the exact same plow and would like to get an idea of what they are going for and what I could negotiate to.

Thanks! ussmileyflag

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

i run a wideout on mine plus carry 200 gals of fuel no problem at all

5. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

yeah upgrade the springs and you should be alright. I know Western recommends it.