1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing wings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bronco91, Dec 19, 2010.

1. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

I have question about plowing. I realy don't want to put both of them on. Dose any one just run with the passager side or diver side wing on? I do a lot of diverways that have turn arounds in them with my truck and I thought that it would just make my life a lot easier if I just had the passanger sid wing. Any thought on this? I know the wings come on and off easy.Thanks for ur help.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

wings are made for quick removal...run whatever side you want or noth
  3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Driveways, take them off
    We run them on all times,
    we snowblow driveways
  4. peterng

peterng Senior Member

take the wings off for driveways, not necessary unless they are really wide driveways where you are spending a lot of time picking up tailings.
  5. 91dodge

91dodge Junior Member
    from Utah

I am new to wings also I took my wings off because they were holding my blade up a little on back drags so I took off the rubber piece and moved them up a little over an inch so I can back drag and still plow when needed keeping the pads about 1/2 inch off the ground this really has paid off for me but I see a lot of people running around with just the passenger side on so do what works like hydro said they come off easy thats the nice thing about them but they sure are handy on my 8 foot straight blade when I need to pack snow a distance!