1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing w v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ljbev, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Hey guys I have been learning tons of stuff on this site over the years. I have a few years experience with a straight blade. This will be my first year w my new western MVP. I realize the benefits of being able to scoop more snow to the end of the job and break through snow (if there was any :cry: ) using the V. My questionis do you guys have any tips for using the MVP to its full potential...or any change in stradegy over the straight blade other than the obvious. Thanks for making this a great site :drinkup: :drinkup:

2. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

If you are windrowing snow and it starts get deep I will sometimes plow with the left half of my blade straight and the right half angled out to scoop the snow in. This alows you to still windrow and move some of the deep snow off to the pile. Have fun, I think that you will love your new V blade.

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Yea like redhenny16 said.

Start by clearing a path down the center lane.
    Then windrow the snow with 1 wing forward and one in the straight position to move the snow forward, but also so it spills back into the center lane.
    Do this once on the left side, then again on the right side to leave a nice pile in the center lane.

Then move to scoop position to clear the center lane.
    You only need to put the plow into a slight scoop to carry more snow. (depending on conditions)
    V plows do not trip well when stacking so lift your blade early when stacking in the scoop position.
    Stack the snow in scoop until you are done, and then move to a straight position to clean up around the pile.

4. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Thanks guys. I have a plan for a few lots of differnt shapes and sizes.

Any more tips?

5. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

C'mon guys...nothing from all the v-plowing pros. Here I am sad with no snow to try my new toy and also watching my post fall to the back pages... :drinkup: :drinkup: