1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing w an avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dipietro, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dipietro

dipietro Junior Member
    from boston

hi, im about to purchase a 2011 chevy avalanche Z71 and was going to put my Fisher HT plow on it. any thoughts, concerns, experience w this is welcome. thanks in advance
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

ive seen plenty of avalanches with plows on. i wish they still made the 2500 avalanche
    you will need timberns or air shocks in the front and some weight in the rear my dads o2 is very light in the rear
  3. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I've seen plows on Avalanches and even on an Cadillac XTS and neither are made for a plow. The front ends are just about touching the ground! Definitely going to need to beef up the front!
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

^I don't think it was on an XTS as the XTS is a sedan :dizzy: You mean the EXT?

The Avalanche, if I remember correctly, can hold a plow but it will need Timbrens as there are no bars to crank in a 2011.
  5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

That's it! I knew it was something like that and shame on me for not looking it up but you got the point!