1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing w/ a lifted truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by HBLandscaping, Feb 28, 2007.

1. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

A friend of mine has a 2002 Chevy 2500 Extended cab 8ft bed with a 4 inch Suspension lift (Real nice looking truck). He went out with me over the past few snows this winter and is thinking about getting a plow this off season when the prices drop alittle. He was asking me if having a lift kit on his truck would be a problem while plowing or even having a plow on the truck. I told him I wasnt sure but have seen some older trucks (70's 80's chevys) lifted with a plow but really havent seen any newer trucks (2000-07), I know that these lifts have a pretty heavy price tag. Does anyone have a 2000 and up 2500 that is lifted? or does anyone know of any problems with putting a plow on this truck? Is there any problems with the blade angles, touching the ground, pushing or back dragging, or anything that he would have to worry about.

Thanks for your help
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Im not sure how much a 4" lift would affect him, but you might have to drop the plow mount a little. You want the "A" frame parallel with the ground running from the mount to the plow. Sometimes you have to create extensions for the mount to hang off the frame lower and sometimes its as simple as moving a few bolts down and that drops the hookup point lower. A few guys on here plow with lifted trucks so they would have better knowledge than I would.
  3. I'm cranked up 2-3" and no problems. A-frame is slightly raised/angled. I'd say 4" would be no problem....
  4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I my self have been thinking of putting a V plow and a 4" lift on my 86 sierra, I called my local Boss plow dealer and asked them about installing a plow on a lifted truck and they told me that it should not be a problem because the mount can be adjusted to compensate the difference in hight to a certain degree.
  5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

i know its not a 2000+ 3/4 ton like you were asking about but...

i have a 93 full size Blazer (2 door tahoe type) and it has 3/4 ton suspension front/back with 3" of lift and 33" tires. between the tires and lift its frame mounting point is probably almost 5 inches higher than stock and i dont have any problems at all. like most have said, some if not all framework is adjustable or even if its not, it works out fine too.
  6. HBLandscaping

HBLandscaping Member

Thanks for the help, Im going to call the dealer I got my plow from and see what they think. I would rather hear first hand from people on here then take the dealers word do to the fact people on here have experience with this issue and sometimes the dealers just guess.