1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing videos

Discussion in 'Kage Innovation Snow Plow Systems' started by GLS, Dec 14, 2014.

1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Here are a couple videos of our new 10' Kage on our Bobcat S650.

WARNING: new operator! First time out with the skid loader, need a little more practice.

Still waiting for a real snow, but glad we got to test it out.

First one is just a windrowing shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSnJmGWe9k

Second one is plowing out a short section of parking spots enclosed by small medians (no room for snow in medians). Skid loader did an excellent job of clearing the corners out without having to backdrag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fIBL68s0c4&feature=youtu.be

If we get a real snow, I'll post one using the box.

2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Can I ask why in the 2nd video

you did not have the box on? With that little snow it could have carried most all of it. If it was practice for a new operator though I get it.

3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Box wasn't on so the plow could get into the corners. Box goes on to move the snow after it has been pushed out of the spaces.

4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Try it with the box on. Works better than blade alone.

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

It still amazes me as to why more people haven't bought into skids in small lots and tight routes. Our Kage work great in these cases, just like what you're in here.

Looks good!

6. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We'll try it next time. Need some more snow to get the techniques down.

7. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Thanks!

We have ours stationed in a downtown area. We're doing 3 small parking lots (with obstacles and complications moving snow to designated piling areas) and a bank (including drive thru lanes and long sidewalks) all in the same block. Also have a small warehouse facility a few blocks down.

The skid should greatly increase efficiency over trucks for these accounts.

8. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Once you run a machine and a Kage

for one season, you'll wonder why you did not do it years earlier. Aside from that the Kage brings versatility, and adds productiviy unlike any other snow pusher.

Nice looking set-up.

9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Not to mention freeing up at least 1 truck to do accounts that are easier for trucks. Our Kage has been great, but we won't have another.