1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing video

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

got anywhere from 2-8 inches last night very localized storm. anyways heres a vid of my brother (350) and dad (2500hd) plowing our church after we finished everything else up and sent the other guys home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu7BiTG5ajg

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Good vid. That VXT w/wings can sure move some snow!

3. needmoresnow

needmoresnow Member

Nice video thanks ! Thanks that the only way I get to see a vxt in use since we cant seem to get any snow lol

4. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

glad 2 see he ends it on a good note:salute:

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

They do move a lot of snow, but it sure seems like it would have been more efficient to just windrow it all over....

Do you guys still run the 810? Interested in selling it?

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I like how the markers were added to the back of the SaltDogg

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice video, definitely movin a lot of snow. I think you could've finished it in half the time if you ran the trucks side by side the entire time, holy h*ll that was a lot of snow moved on that one push!

8. snowman69

snowman69 Junior Member

did you have the vxt in full scoop and just wondering why you retract the wings when you get to the pile

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Great video! I like seeing the trucks work together. You should really get the snow deflectors, they work well.

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

many this is a dumb question but why was your dad plowing perpendicular to your brother? why not have them both start at opposite sides and meet in the middle? also I lovee the way you have those trucks setup and those BOSS V's!

11. I was thining the exact same thing.

12. PTSolutions

i want the deflectors badly, but you always think about them when you got snow coming up over the truck and then ive got a million other things on my mind the rest of the time lol.

we almost always plow this strictly the way my brother was doing it, but when theres 4"+ the snow will start to spill off the drivers side at the end of the run b/c the windrow gets so big on the pass. side. my dad was taking some bulk out of the snow there so it can flow out nicely and then my brother wont have to chase mohawks after hes done. and I think they may have been showing off a lil as well.

i think it was in full scoop, but when you get to the pile you need to pull them back b/c the added weight of the wings+extra snow your carrying makes the plow trip forward as you go to lift it, so pulling them in lets you raise the plow without it tipping forward.

and this was originally shot in 1080HD too bad youtube scales it down, photobucket wouldnt even accept the upload.

ya we still have the 810, Jerre gave it a complete overhaul this fall. its on our dump truck that an employee is driving. he usually takes the truck home but ill try and get more vids of the rest of the equip.

13. WIPensFan

Yeah, I want to see the ASV in action! You're lucky to have your family working with you. I used to and I miss it. Even though you don't always get along it's good to know they are there.

14. PTSolutions

ill prolly be at the HOA again tomorrow if we get another round or ill just be blowing back some piles so ill get some footage.

15. WIPensFan

Can't wait, I love that thing.:cool:

16. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice video, watched the whole thing. The diesel trucks turbo whistle sounds awesome.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Great vid. :drinkup:

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

thats one of the best plow vids i have seen....wow....great man

19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Pro Touch....make your own deflector like I did...theres pics on the Boss Forum

20. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Nice video.:drinkup: Got to love how those 6.0's whistle.