1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing veteran but new to forum

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by M&M, Sep 9, 2008.

1. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I have been lurking in the shadows here for a while now and decided to join. I have been plowing as a solo operator for 5 years and do 35 residential drives and 1 commercial lot (vacant building for 3 years.) I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge here and would like to thank all of you for helping out my snow removal business.
    I just upgraded my truck from from a '95 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 7 1/2 ft fisher and 220K miles (she worked hard her whole life and got many repairs) to a 2002 Chevy 2500HD and just bought a new 8 1/2 Extreme-V in stainless. I owe a lot of that to the pricing and marketing information I learned from you guys here. Thanks again for the help and I honestly can't wait for it to start snowing!

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. :waving:

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Thanks for the info. My dealer (he was great on the install, we'll see how he is down the road) tried to sell me the new style plow shoes. I guess they are designed to help the cutting edge wearing to quickly which is different than the old round shoes. I did not buy them but am fully prepared to use my warranty if needed. I try to be as easy on my equipment as possible but I will keep my dealers number handy throughout the season.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Those stainless plows from Fisher are beautiful. Post a pic of your rig so we can have a look!!

6. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

Congrats on the new purchase M&M

7. M&M

M&M Senior Member

I'll hook up as soon as it stops raining and get some pics up here.

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

welcome aboard. sounds like a great setup you have. what color is the truck? cant wait to see pics.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats a great choice of a truck...and very nice blade...welcome to plowsite:waving: Watch out for that 06hd guy!:alien:

10. 06HD BOSS

only when you bring your girl around :cool:

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

If you need bidding help...pm enzo....he has a great price plan!:waving:

12. 06HD BOSS

Lmao!!!!!!!! :D:D

13. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Welcome aboard!

14. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Welcome, glad you decided to join!

15. SuperBlade

SuperBlade Member

Welcome and good luck this coming season.

16. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to the group and glad we could help you out.

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Jump it . since you learned a lot on marketing and pricing you must of not taken any of Bri's suggestions !:rolleyes:

18. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

notice is first truck was a half ton and made it 220 k plowing.wesport

19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Maybe that's why he's been lurking in the shadows till now.

20. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Well here's a bad picture of the new truck and plow. I couldn't figure out the proper way to size the picture but I did get one to work. Sorry about the quality. I like the countdown Grandview.

Bribrius, the old '95 pushed over 600 driveways last winter. There is no question that you can plow with a 1/2 ton.

6.jpg