1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Tug Hill

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BC Handyman, Nov 4, 2012.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

"This is fun....So we keep on"

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

real nice older video

4. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Great video, i enjoyed that very much. thanks for posting it

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

No problem guys, I'm sure if you found it you would post it for all of us to see. The way of talking back then is funny, movie full of funny one liners. I wish there was more long video's like that, I've found a few other B & W, real short or silent vid's, but nothing else like that, & that old.
    DareDog: were and when were those pics taken?

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Great Video!!!
    Miss riding the Hill !

8. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Pretty cool old vid there!

I like how there was like 6 guys watching one try to bust the truck,his neck and the snow drift, must have been a union crew ? lol,

9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Amazing what you can do with 150 hp... that alone should make EVERYONE with 300+ feel very very foolish...

2_Djinn: spectators come out and watch because that's what used to be fun and "cool" -- not video games.

10. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Great video of my area and some roads I travel for work. Great snowmobiling too.

11. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

I wish they had shown more of the technical aspects of the unit. Interesting that the same design from 1939 lasted up until the end of the Frink company. I have a 1939 Frink brochure, the plow frames on my 1961 truck look exactly the same. I guess if something works, don't change it.

12. powergiant

powergiant Junior Member

1938 Walter AXBS Snow Fighter

I have managed to acquire an example of one of these fine trucks shown in the Tug Hill film. This Walter joins a 1937 Oshkosh BG3 and 1935 FWD HH6. The Walter was built as a special trade show truck and has just about every offered option and then some. It has found it's way to a relatively snow free part of California. Built in New York, showed in Ohio followed by purchase by State of Minnesota. Appears to have served Kansas City Airport then wound up stored indoors in Michigan before catching a snow bird ride to California.

[​IMG]

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That thing is a beast!