1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing truckstop

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by steve in Pa., Feb 8, 2004.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

we had a truck stop call us last snow fall w/ all the sleet and freezing rain. called after storm was done and it took 13 man hours to plow. it was bumpier than a mountain road. the sleet and snow was all packed down. was just wondering what might be a good price to charge. they want us to do it the rest of winter. every 4 ". would like a little input not use to this size of lot. thanks.
  2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

what were they getting it done for before. obviously the other guys werent getting the job done so this is an opportunity to prove why your price(higher than what they were paying before) is justified. i wish i were in your area, i could get them to pay more and be glad they made that decision.
  3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

If it were me, I would go slow and charge $130.00 per truck per hour. I have a truck switching yard that I keep a truck and operator at and charge $100.00 per truck per hour. It is a 20+ acre lot. The truck is working non-stop until I get the loader and pusher over there to stack. Every snowfall that lot brings me in at least $1500.00
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Charge more because you have the plow the "mountain road" slower then normal. More time = more money, you had 13 hours in that job to clean it up on short notice at that. More wear and tear on the trucks and drivers might mean more broken parts and repairs.