1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Sparky925, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Sparky925

Sparky925 Member
    from Mass

Well I saw a NHDOT truck with a plow on it today Plowing sand off the Rt 1a on Hampton Beach NH.
    I could not get the camera out in time to snap a picture.

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

the last storm we got i went to the beach (hampton) and they never moved the sand. I wondered how long it would take this time.

3. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

yea .......worked in seabrook that day and noticed them out there moving it around.

did you see the waves that day...wished I had my camera with me that day :cry:

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I could not wait any longer to see snow so I took a ride up to NH today, NH DOT was still plowing many of the secondary state roads. 93 was plowed and the towns were plowing. This is areas north of Franconia Notch, Bethelham, Gorham, Pinkem Notch, area. Nice to atleast see the snow, I thought about actually making the trip up to our familys vacation home up near Colebrook then I could have plowed with the truck thats there. My unlcle was alredy up there for hunting season but had the nerve to plow before I could get up there.:realmad:

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Man I would love to see some snow! I bought and installed a 50" Swisher snow/dirt plow for my Honda Rancher 4x4, ofcourse I had to try it out. Man that thing can push some dirt. The winch actually works it fast. Can't wait for some snow!

Still waiting to hear from my insurance company whether or not they can give me a good price for plowing insurance (for my truck, not the atv) , if any at all. My agent said "he has nothing to offer me". They said they are going to look more into it. Might have to pass on plowing this year :( . I can just imagine what they might charge, seeing as how they are dragging their feet.

6. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

cja where near colebrook is ur uncle live i have family up there prollay know each other lol

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just off route 145 between colebrook and Pittsburg, its a big long road leading back to the house. None of our family makes their full time home there, one of my uncles who lives in MA inherited the house from his aunt when she died. Since then, all of our family and friends use it as a vacation home. My uncle hunts so he spends alot of the season up there. I go up to help take care of the house, landscaping and stuff. My cousins snowmobile so they are up there all the time in the winter. I go up when I want to see snow in october or early november. I will go up just to plow it if there is no snow down in MA and nobody else happens to be up there. I spend a few weekends up there in a winter snowmobiling and plowing the huge driveway when there is snow but I try to limit my time up there as its just too far away if we get hit with an unexpected storm to rush home and get redy to plow. Theres a 97 F-250 with a Fisher V that stays up there all the time, thats what we use to plow it.

8. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

i went up northern NH today to buy a spreader and on the way up saw the snow:eek: on the mountains( a long way before i got there). I got so excited i wanted to drive the 2+ hours back get my plow then go back. I am hoping only 3 more weeks or so till we see snow here.

9. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

my uncle and my family lives in West Stewartstown