1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing times

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by snowman79, Dec 14, 2009.

1. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

I am a sub right now for a company and we plow at our accounts once they hit the 1" trigger. Now I am looking to go on my own next year for a bunch of reasons. I will most likely be doing mainly residential at first with maybe a couple small commercials. Now my question is when to plow etc. Say we get a storm where there is 3" on the lot or drive in the morning, I go and plow, then it snows through out the day, do i plow everyone 3" or wait till 4 or 5pm and plow. Will i then charge them for the morning push at the 3" price, and then charge them again for the evening push at say the 6" price? Or do i charge them for the 9" price.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

That will depend on your customer and your agreement
    I plow early and then late in a storm like you are talking about and bill them twice.

3. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

ok thanks. Thats what i was figuring. I could offer to bill them once if they want to wait till the storm is all done and over, or i could have them plowed by a certain time, bill them for that amount on the ground, and then plow them before 5 or 6 for how much fell during the day.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I charge more if they want me to wait.

5. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

yea charge them for the total amount set for the amount of accumulation, if over 6" and they want me to wait itll be a little more money.

6. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

i allways did $30 up to 6 inches and $10 for every 2 inches over 6. worked out pretty good.