1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing the lake

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow tracker, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Who's ready for some pond hockey? A local group is having a pond hockey tournament. They hires us to plow the five rinks and parking areas. Plowing on ice with the cat. Woo hoo.

image.jpg

2. Snow tracker

More pics. Don't know why I can't post more than 1 at a time??

image.jpg

3. Snow tracker

One more and then I'm done

image.jpg

4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Unless that lake is less than 12" deep, there is not enough money in the world for me to do that.

5. Snow tracker

15 inches of ice and only three to four feet deep along the shore where we were

6. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

that looks awesome! i miss playing those hockey tournaments, theres nothing like em especially cause we always won! i should be playing some pond hockey tonight but im being a responsible person doing my paper for college for once.

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Paging Mr Oomkes......

8. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

7 inches of ice on a shallow pond wasn't enough for this skid. I wasn't there, but would have liked to have been to give the operator some crap. All in good fun though.

Matt Sharp_resized.jpg

PART_1421165709246_resized.jpg

9. Snow tracker

That's one way to give it a good washing

10. Snow tracker

Couldn't sell them on a salting contract no matter how hard I tried...

11. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Bahahahahaha

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The lake I do a lot of ice fishing on usually has a road plowed across it and people plow "driveways" to their ice shacks. I have never plowed on the ice and I don't plan to, it makes me nervous. I won't drive my Tundra out there but, I used to drive my Chevy out there all the time. I got to say it's really convenient to drive right to your ice shack.

The guy that plows the road went through a few years ago.

[​IMG]

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Nope.....!

14. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

I had a call last year to go with s250 and do area for a fishing thing parking area and such, my answer was some what like Mr. Markus. Hahahahahahahahahahah, nope.
    About three year ago a father near Winnipeg Man was plowing a skating rink for his kids with a skid steer they are growing up with out their dad he went thru and drowned.

15. mnlefty

mnlefty Senior Member

In the first pic are they using a pump to flood the rinks then? I've always wanted to do the same for my kids at the in-laws lake place, but we just don't get there enough to justify the effort/investment.

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If it's cold enough using a pump and flooding does smooth it out and it builds up the thickness of the ice.

look how dark the ice looks.
    that is a sign it's been warm and it still is.

we plow and drive on the ice,
    many go to fast and this creates a ice ridge or a bow wake of ice.
    when it gets shallow this can blow out the ice just in front of you and down you go.

17. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

16 posts and not a peep from MarkO?? :eek:

He must be busy with lake effect