1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing setup

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jweyandt, Dec 11, 2004.

1. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

hey people i am a so called NEW-BEE to the plowing world been in landscaping for a few years and decided to start up plowing for extra cash . I just had a new plow put on my 2004 f150 supercrew,snoway mt9 poly with dp and was wondering if this is a descent setup. Will this tear up my truck just doing residentials.

2. RODJ

RODJ Member
    from MD

new snowplow security

FIRST PLOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SECURE YOUR PUMP SO IT WONT WALK AWAY :waving:

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

When I dismount my plows they are in a enclosed and locked building.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

No, won't tear up your truck. The snoway is a very nice plow, what size? The 04 F-150's work fine for plowing residentials, just take it easy and you will be fine. Only have the plow attached when you need it, otherwise take it off.

5. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

The plow is 7 1/2 feet the truck seems to handles it prety good I have timbrens, it only drops about 1 1/2

6. RODJ

RODJ Member
    from MD

TIMBRENS ARE THE WAY TO GO :waving:

7. jweyandt

jweyandt Junior Member

Well thanks for the info RODJ next season I will have an f250 with boss v. I tried to get it this year but ford dealer wouldnt give me enough for my truck.