1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing & Salting in NJ PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craig, Dec 31, 2000.

1. Craig

Craig Junior Member

Dear Sir,

I am going to be starting a snow plowing and salting business in Northern NJ. What is the going rate for residential plowing and salting and how do you figure out how much to charge. How much does the rate increase when as the total number of accumulation increases. Finally what insurance do I need for plowing and salting in NJ and what will that cost per year. I do not have commercial plates, should I get them or can I do it without? Any addtional information is greatly appreciated! Happy New Year.

Sincerely,
    Craig D.

2. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

Where in Northern NJ?

3. Craig

Craig Junior Member

Snow plowing and salting in NJ

Hello Tim,

I am located in Little Falls NJ, its in Passiac County.

Craig

4. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Craig
    Nice of you to join us. You doesn't have to address us as "sir", only if you are talking to Mr. Allin :). Check with some of your locals most will help you out. Also, check with some likely accounts and see what your market will bear. Different locales bear different costs. There have been many posts on this very subject on this site. You can search it using your keywords like new and charges. This is a great site so enjoy it.

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN Member

I'M RIGHT IN NORTH CALDWELL...CHECK YOU7R MAIL!