1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing road fully tripped/trip springs removed...why?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theholycow, Jan 23, 2012.

1. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

The other day I saw a town F350 or F450 dumper plowing my road with the blade fully tripped. It looked like the trip springs were removed. Any guesses why somebody would do that?

2. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

probably broke and he just kept going to limp it through the storm

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

possibly the guy is an idiot?

4. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

plow

maybe this guy is mad at his current plow,:laughing: and he wants a fisher Thumbs Up

5. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Someone stole 'um.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

May have been running an 8" cutting edge in place of a 6". The wider edge makes it mulch easier to trip.

Anything is possible, he was driving a Ford after all.

I don't think he's that crazy.....

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I'm not sure why they do it but I remember being in nyc when it was snowing years back. they put plows on the garbage trucks:confused: and they all looked like they were 3/4 tripped. I bet they have a reason...

8. theholycow

:laughing: I think it was a Western. I'm pretty sure it was Western red.

Well which is it...he's driving a Ford, or he's not crazy. OH NO I DIDN'T! :jester:

9. 03sd

03sd Member

Probably a Boss:dizzy:

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Garbage truck's go down alleys, makes an easy way to plow the alleys.

11. theholycow

Don't think so, I don't think I ever see them...probably no dealers in the region.

There is a big Curtis dealer in Worcester, could have been a Curtis. Not sure why I feel like it was a Western, not even sure we have a dealer and it's not like I'm intimately familiar with the backside of a Western (and the back is the only side I could see).

12. procut

procut Senior Member

Sometimes a full trip mold board will trip when plowing at a fast speed with a decent sized pile of snow in front of it regarless if you strike an obstical or not.