1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing restaurant parkinglost

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by faceman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. faceman

faceman Junior Member

I am not a snow contractor actually a hardwood floor guy that has a plow on his truck. I did a few driveways for family and friends last year and now a friend of mine that does plow wants to give me a restaurant parking lot to do. Its a typical Dennys parking lot. He charged them 1800.00 for the season last year. Also only salted it 2 times. Is this number fair to charge again. I have a 82 boss V with a gmc 2500 diesel. Not looking for a breakdown just wanted to hear what you pro's think. Don't want to be doing this too cheaply. Thank you.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You should spend a little time reading through the recent pricing/bid threads.

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

How many times was it plowed last year?

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

do u have insurance to move snow commercially since you only used to do ur driveway?

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Based on the title, are you saying you got lost in a restaurant parking lot?

Or that you are lost in trying to bid it.

I'm very confused.

6. faceman

faceman Junior Member

Mark: I guess your right looks like i'm lost. I meant lot. LOL Just trying to make sure I don't get in too deep with this lot. Am not interested in commercial work just thought I could pick up a buck or two being that my floor business tends to slow down in the winter months. TCLA I believe it was plowed 25-30 times last year. Iceyman have no commercial snow moving Ins. was thinking I could add it to my business coverage policy. need to get with my insurance agency. Thank for the help guys.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

So thats 60-$70 per push, excluding salt. How big is the lot?

8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

LOL, for the love of cheesus Mark...:laughing:

To faceman, is the lot worth $60-$70 per visit. Do you have to shovel? Are you going to spend anymore time than 30-40 minutes there?