1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plowing question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by packey, Dec 15, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I was just wandering how some of you more experienced guys deal with the snow that comes of both sides of the blade while plowing. When I am plowing driving lanes it seems like I have to take 3 times the passes to get up the snow because of snow that roles off the sides of the blade. Is this why so many guys on here are using wings or v plows.I can really see where they could speed up a job. Is there a better way/more effective way to plow than I am tring..

For instance when I start into a lan I usually will angle the blade so that I can push the snow into a wind row. I do this because I will have cars parked on both sides of the lane and I do not want to create burms behind them then I will come back with the blade straight and push the snow out of the lot. these drive lans are about 750 foot in length and 50 foot wide.

2. plow time

plow time Junior Member

plow question

I had the same thing harren to me the best thing is wings becuase they hold the snow

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

With a straigh blade on a drive like that it will take more passes.Thats where the V or wings make a HUGE difference. I have a V and will never go back to a straight blade. It improves plowing time by about 40%. JMO