1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plowing Question!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by nappet1, Dec 8, 2006.

1. nappet1

nappet1 Junior Member
    from IL

I have my grandfathers (who reasontly passed away:( ) 1978 Ford Ltd Wagon with a 460 V-8 with about 33k miles on it with snow tires and my tire chains will be here soon! I am having trouble finding a plow set-up for it. Any ideas on were to get one? Can you put a V-blade on it? I have already done most the pre plowing preperations:D . upgraded wiper blades (Bosh 5-blade winter wiper, also replaced the blue washer fluid with the upgraded yellow for better ice melting). I am really looking forward to any help you may have!!!!:drinkup:

Thanks Mike :salute:

105925_1978_Ford_LTD_Country_Squire_4-Door_Station_Wagon_10_Pass.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think it may need some trailer mirrors on so it will make it easy for backing up! Don't forget a strobe light for it.

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I am not so sure I would go with a light bar, Try corner strobes, keep the stock image.

4. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Dont laugh too hard... back when I was a kid there was a guy here in Fargo who use to put a plow on ANYTHING!!!! He actually had a plow on a early 70's Cadillac. I was too young to remember details like what kinda plow it was but I would guess an older cable or western or a meyers.... I seem to remember it not having a trunk lid and the trunk was full of scrap iron for weight. wesport It was hilarious watching it run down the street... Talk about plowing in style... Who needs a LT3, a Lariat or a Conversion when you can plow with a Caddy man.....prsport

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I think the hardest part of the conversion is finding the fake wood trim for the plow.

I do hope you plan on "veneering" the plow to match the wagon. If no get a life.

Chris

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I have a customer up in northern Idaho that has a plow mounted on a customized VW Bug if you can believe that. Outfitted it with a motor out of an old Corvair and added hydraulic steering brakes. I will see if I can get a picture from him and post it here. I knew that I would get my 100th post up here today. :nod:

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i really would like to see pictures of it with a plow let us know how it turns out

8. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Does that wagon have locking hubs for the 4X4 under those wheel protectors......;)

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  10. jkitterman

jkitterman Senior Member

Why did the image of the car from Ghostbusters pop into my head for plowing? I guess it was for Sta-puf man cleanup.

11. N C Landscape

N C Landscape Junior Member

Maybe Clark Griswold can help you out...

vacation%20family%20truckster.jpg

vacation%20family%20truckster.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  12. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

it probably is worth a lot dont put a plow on it and keep it nice

14. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Ive had both an 84 and a 85 ford ltd wagon, that I used as hearses for my old job. Great cars, one had 430k miles on its original motor, and was only blowing oil when it went to the scrap yard, Very solid cars, as both took direct rear end impacts at high speed. one froma drunk 18 year old, and one from a 90 year old driver. both cases only the rear door was slightly dented, and the bumpers were pushed in. they dont make em like that anymore.

15. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I'm thinking a nice Blizzard or 9'6'' Fisher V,hideaway strobes,a nice lightbar.

You think she'd hold a side wing? :nod:

16. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Aside from the windshield wiper/washer upgrade you certainly need some weatherguard rubber floor mats to plow. With that you'll be all prepped to stick a 9 1/2 foot V-plow on it.:dizzy:

17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Maybe you could put a small v box salter hanging out the back :dizzy:

18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I think that exhaust needs to be alittle longer and more chrome, LOL

19. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

You can definitely get a v-box to fit that roof rack

20. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm thinking a nice full sized Vector Bar, and a V box on the roof is a must!;)